UCare's New Claims System Implementation
UCare is continuing to implement our new claims system. This transition began in January 2019 when UCare moved claims for Individual and Family plans into the new system. The next year, Medicare plans were added. The system implementation will be completed on Jan. 1, 2022, as UCare moves the remaining Medicaid and Dually Integrated plans to the new platform.
Effective Jan. 1, 2022, UCare will make changes that affect claims submission for Prepaid Medical Assistance Program (PMAP), MinnesotaCare (MnCare), UCare Connect (SNBC), UCare Connect + Medicare (HMO-D-SNP), Minnesota Senior Care Plus (MSC+) and UCare’s Minnesota Senior Health Options (MSHO) (HMO-D-SNP).
Below are notifications and educational materials to assist providers during the transition.
- UCare Announces Changes Affecting Claims Submissions for UCare Medicaid and Integrated Duals Plans Beginning Jan. 1, 2022 (released 10-28-21)
- New Provider Identification Requirements for Elderly Waiver, Housing Stabilization Services, Personal Care Attendants and Transportation Providers for Claims Submissions Beginning Jan. 1, 2022 (released 10-28-21)
- Letter to Non-Emergency Medical Transportation Providers (November 2021)
- Important Reminders About UCare's Taxonomy Requirements (released 12-16-21)
- Information For Transportation Providers Regarding UCare's New Member ID Format (released 12-27-21)
- Important Reminders and Updates for UCare Interpreter Providers (released 12-29-21)
- UCare Claims Rejection Analysis, Reminders and Requests (released 1-6-22)
- Reminders for Smoother Claim Submissions (released 1-13-22)
- Updates and Reminders to Avoid Claim and Claim Line Denials (released 1-18-22)
- Updates on Claim Payment for Medicaid and Dual Plans (released 1-31-22)
- 270/271 Inaccurate Eligibility Status - Issues resolved (released 2-4-22)
- Additional Claims Payment Run Temporarily Added (released 2-25-22)
- Claims Reprocessing to Correctly Report MinnesotaCare Tax as Separate Adjustments (released 2-28-22)
- Additional Claims Payment Run Has Ended (released 5-12-22)
- Inappropriate Rejection of Some PCA Claims (released 5-18-22)