UCare's Minnesota Senior Health Options (MSHO) (HMO D-SNP)
UCare’s MSHO provides seniors in Minnesota who are age 65 and older with health care coverage. It’s a health plan that combines the benefits and services of Medicare and Medical Assistance. Plus gives you all the additional UCare benefits. Each member gets quality care that meets their needs.
Is MSHO right for you?
You can join UCare’s MSHO if you:
- Are 65 years of age or older
- Receive Medical Assistance (Medicaid) from the state
- Have Medicare Parts A and B
- Live in a county in the UCare’s MSHO service area
See the map for the counties in the service area.
Aitkin, Anoka, Becker, Benton, Blue Earth, Carlton, Carver, Cass, Chippewa, Chisago, Clay, Cook, Cottonwood, Crow Wing, Dakota, Dodge, Faribault, Fillmore, Freeborn, Hennepin, Houston, Isanti, Jackson, Kandiyohi, Kittson, Koochiching, Lac qui Parle, Lake, Lake of the Woods, Le Sueur, Lincoln, Lyon, Mahnomen, Marshall, Martin, Mille Lacs, Morrison, Mower, Murray, Nicollet, Nobles, Norman, Olmsted, Otter Tail, Pennington, Pine, Polk, Ramsey, Red Lake, Redwood, Rice, Rock, Roseau, Saint Louis, Scott, Sherburne, Stearns, Swift, Todd, Wabasha, Wadena, Washington, Watonwan, Winona, Wright, Yellow Medicine
With UCare’s MSHO in 2022, you benefit from:
- No premiums*, deductibles or Medicaid cost sharing
- Part D prescription drug coverage
- Access to UCare Dental Connection that will help you find and schedule appointments with dental clinics
- Up to $750 per year for bath and home safety equipment such as grab bars, handheld showers, bath seats, raised toilet seats, reacher, sock lifter and long-handled shoehorn
- Caregiver training and support for qualifying members with dementia, cognitive impairment, Multiple Sclerosis, Parkinson’s or ALS. Learn more
- Up to eight hours per month of respite care for qualifying members with dementia
- Helpful care coordinator
- Personal Emergency Response System (PERS) for members with and without an Elderly Waiver
- No-cost transportation to and from your covered medical, dental and pharmacy visits through UCare's Health Ride
- Up to three round-trip rides per week to a participating health club, covered evidence-based health education class and/or covered WW weight management and wellness workshops. Members with substance use disorders can have one additional round-trip ride per day to AA or NA meetings.
- Post-Discharge – Four sessions with a Community Health Worker (safety assessment, resource coordination). Post-discharge medication reconciliation in a pharmacy. Post-discharge meals with two meals a day for up to four weeks following discharge.
Focus on Wellness
- One Pass fitness program including gym membership, online fitness classes, at home fitness kits, brain training, and no-cost social events, activities and classes
- Up to $15 discount on most community education classes in Minnesota
- Option to receive our Strong & Stable Kit to help prevent falls
- Personal independence smartwatch with activity and heart rate tracker and emergency response support
- No-cost meal delivery service after inpatient stay for members with and without Elderly Waiver services
- Earn rewards for completing certain preventive screenings, tests or exams
- 13 weeks of WW (formerly Weight Watchers) vouchers for local and online weight and wellness support
- $30 a month nutritional food allowance for members with diabetes or congestive heart failure
- Juniper evidence-based unlimited health education classes – falls prevention, self-management classes focused on: arthritis, chronic pain, diabetes; active living, Tai Ji Quan
- Additional dental coverage such as: two crowns per year and a new electric toothbrush every three years, with two replacement heads per year
- Anti-glare lens coating, lens tinting and Progressive lenses
- Individualized Home Supports with training (IHS) for members with an Elderly Waiver. Four hours per month for six months
- UCare 24/7 nurse line, so you know where to go when you’re not feeling well
*You must pay your Medicare Part B premium unless it is paid for by the state.
UCare’s MSHO Care Coordination
You don’t have to figure out your health care benefits on your own. When you enroll in UCare’s MSHO, a care coordinator will help you understand your benefits and work with you to make a care plan. The care plan helps make sure you get the health care you need. Your care coordinator will:
- Schedule your appointments
- Talk to your doctors
- Order medical equipment
- Arrange for services to help you stay in your home
- Help you get different levels of care
- And much more
Opt-in to Receive Non-Plan Information (online form)
Complete this form to receive updates about state or federal legislation, grassroots advocacy, community activities, and more.
Part D Coverage Determinations, Appeals, and Grievances
Find out how to make a complaint if you have concerns about your Part D coverage.