Prepaid Medical Assistance Program (PMAP)
UCare Prepaid Medical Assistance Program (PMAP), also known as Medicaid, is a plan for people with lower incomes. The program pays for most of your covered health care costs for eligible people in your household.
Most people are responsible for small copays for covered office visits and prescriptions. Medicaid health plans like UCare waive the monthly Medicaid deductible (the amount you must pay before your plan kicks in), which saves you money.
Enroll with UCare if you:
Anoka, Blue Earth, Carver, Chippewa, Cottonwood, Dakota, Faribault, Fillmore, Freeborn, Hennepin, Houston, Isanti, Jackson, Kandiyohi, Lac qui Parle, Lake of the Woods, LeSueur, Lincoln, Lyon, Martin, Morrison, Mower, Murray, Nicollet, Nobles, Olmsted, Ramsey, Redwood, Rice, Rock, St. Louis, Scott, Sibley, Swift, Todd, Wadena, Washington, Watonwan, Winona, Wright, Yellow Medicine
In addition to the services covered by Medicaid, UCare offers members on this plan additional programs and benefits to help you take charge of your health.
- Up to $20 back on your monthly fitness club fees for adults age 18 and older if you attend 12 or more times per month* (Children age 17 and younger can get a fitness or wellness kit)
- No-cost transportation to medical, dental and pharmacy appointments through UCare Health Ride
- Access to the UCare Dental Connection, which provides assistance with scheduling dental appointments and coordinating dental services
- No-cost e-visits or virtual visits through virtuwell and M Health Fairview
- No-cost car seats for eligible members who are pregnant and children up to age 8
- A large network of health care providers
- Earn rewards for completing certain preventive screenings, tests or exams
- Disease management programs for members with chronic conditions
- No-cost quit smoking and vaping program
- Save up to $50 a week at participating grocery stores with Healthy Savings. Shop and save when you buy select healthy foods including milk, whole-grain bread, lean meat, eggs, yogurt, fruits, vegetables and more
- Up to $15 off most community education classes (limits may apply)
- Access to our other great health and wellness programs and tools
*At participating fitness clubs