MinnesotaCare is a program offered through MNsure. This program is designed for people who need financial assistance for health insurance, but do not qualify for Medicaid. The income limits for MinnesotaCare are higher than those for the Prepaid Medical Assistance Program (PMAP).
Most MinnesotaCare members receive their coverage from a health plan like UCare. Most people 21 and older who are not pregnant will pay a monthly premium and copays for covered health care benefits. Premiums are $0 to $28 depending on your income, which are paid to the state MinnesotaCare Office.
Examples of 2023 MinnesotaCare copay amounts include:
- $10 for generic prescription drugs ($35 for brand)
- $100 copay for ER visit
- $30 copay for an office visit that is not for preventive care
- $250 for inpatient hospital stay
- $25 copay for eyeglasses
Enroll with UCare if you:
- Have MinnesotaCare through MNsure (details on income guidelines)
- Are age 0 – 64
- Live in the UCare MinnesotaCare service area
Aitkin, Anoka, Benton, Blue Earth, Carlton, Carver, Cass, Chisago, Cook, Crow Wing, Dakota, Faribault, Fillmore, Freeborn, Hennepin, Houston, Isanti, Koochiching, Lake, Lake of the Woods, Le Sueur, Martin, Mille Lacs, Morrison, Mower, Murray, Nicollet, Olmsted, Pennington, Pine, Ramsey, Rice, Rock, Roseau, Scott, Sherburne, Stearns, St. Louis, Todd, Wadena, Washington, Watonwan, Winona and Wright.
UCare offers members on this plan additional programs and benefits to help you take charge of your health.
- Up to $20 back on your monthly fitness club fees for adults age 18 and older if you attend 12 or more times per month* (Children age 17 and younger can get a fitness or wellness kit)
- No-cost transportation to medical, dental and pharmacy appointments through UCare Health Ride
- Access to the UCare Dental Connection, which provides assistance with scheduling dental appointments and coordinating dental services
- No-cost e-Visits or virtual visits through virtuwell and M Health Fairview
- No-cost car seats for eligible members who are pregnant and children up to age 8
- A large network of health care providers
- Earn rewards for completing certain preventive screenings, tests or exams
- Disease management programs for members with chronic conditions
- No-cost quit smoking and vaping program
- Save up to $50 a week at participating grocery stores with Healthy Savings. Shop and save when you buy select healthy foods including milk, whole-grain bread, lean meat, eggs, yogurt, fruits, vegetables and more
- Up to $15 off most community education classes (limits may apply)
- Access to our other great health and wellness programs and tools
*At participating fitness clubs.