Research Grant Application Process
The UCare Foundation uses a secure, online grant management system for grant applications and the management of awarded grants. Application materials, grantee reports, and other grant-related materials must be submitted using the online system.
Returning users should log on using your email address and password. Please do not create a second user account. There is a system prompt if you need a password reminder.
New users must first register by clicking "Create New Account" on the Log In page. Before you register, review the Application Registration and Workflow Tutorial.
Your user account ID is your email address.
The registration process
The registration process includes four sections:
- Organization information
- Your individual user information
- Executive officer information
- Choosing your individual user password
Required registration information is noted in the Applicant Registration Video Tutorial. Because you will not be able to save a partial registration to complete at a later time, you should gather all required information before beginning the registration process.
The application page
After you have completed the registration process, you will be directed to the Application Page. On the left side of the screen you will see two options beneath the “Request” heading:
Dashboard – (Application Status Page) This screen is your home page where you can check the status of your grant. This page will display the form you just completed, the status of the form, and the next form in the process.
Apply – (Application Page) This screen lists the available grants and is the portal to apply for a grant. We recommend that you watch the Applicant Workflow Tutorial before using the online grant management system.Please review your application carefully before submitting it, as changes cannot be made after submission. A confirmation email will be sent when your application is received.
The review process
- Each request for research support is carefully reviewed by a Peer Review Panel comprising University of Minnesota Department of Family Practice and Community Health members.
- If an application falls outside the geographic or programmatic purview of the UCare Foundation, the Foundation will notify the applicant immediately by letter and the application will receive no further consideration.
- The Peer Review Panel evaluates each proposal to determine if it meets established criteria; additionally, it is evaluated for its alignment with UCare’s mission statement, methodology, research significance or importance, personnel, their qualifications, and budget. Points are assigned in each of the above categories.
- The Panel makes recommendations to the UCare Foundation, which conducts a second review before making a final decision.
- The Foundation will send written notice of the Council’s decision to the applicant.
Conditions of grant
Grant recipients must complete a the grant agreement before the Foundation will release the grant funds. Grantees are required to participate in an on-site visit, and to submit interim and final reports. Reporting requirements are modeled after the Minnesota Common Reporting Forms and include financial reporting.